The Texas Insurance Academy (TIA) is dedicated to raising awareness of and addressing insurance issues affecting businesses in a broad range of industries and across the spectrum from risk management strategy and insurance policy procurement to pursuing claims for coverage. We provide a forum for networking and sharing of ideas in the areas of risk management and insurance coverage.
We hosted our inaugural full-day educational conference in May 2016 and are looking forward to another successful conference in 2017.
This web page is intended to share information about the TIA. If you have any questions about involvement with TIA you can email us.
Topics Covered at 2016 Conference
- Disaster Response
- Tips and Traps of Pursuing Your Claim as an Additional Insured
- D&O Coverage: New Provisions, New Issues
- Responding to Reservation of Rights Letters
- Top Trends in Risk Management
2017 Academy Event Info and Agenda Coming Soon
- Maximizing Business Interruption Insurance Recovery In The Aftermath Of Hurricane Matthew
- Three Things That Every In-House Counsel Should Know About Terrorism Risk Insurance
The Texas Insurance Academy brings together knowledgeable professionals from the Texas insurance community who have interests in insurance issues and will bring unique perspectives to the conversation. Our board members represent diverse industries within Texas and recommend topics and speakers for seminars hosted by the academy.